Sunday, May 3, 2009

musings

Stuff that means absolutely nothing, in no particular order:

Berryman 50 less than two weeks away. Running around 45 miles this week with a couple weight sessions thrown in, then 6 day taper. I like to start "food tapering" about ten days out, very clean diet, then slow life down to a crawl and severely reduce mileage about a week out, seems to work ok for me.

Thinking in the shower today what a neat thing it would be to have the "runner craze" really take over this area. Picture businesses that have the following voicemail message: "On Wednesdays, expect increased volume as Lawrence Trail Hawks have post-run meetings at our restaurant."

Or a sign: "This store closes at 5pm on Mondays to allow our employees to attend the 'Hawg Trotter' run on the Shunga trail."

Please send up a prayer for GH, who has a drinking problem.

Coffee is good.

Pumped about Rock Creek Trail Series #2 this weekend. Yours truly will be out there somewhere watching all of you get a good sweat on. I like to watch other people exercise, it makes me feel healthy!

Salomon XA Pro Ultra update: ran 40 miles on these puppies nearly out of the box last weekend...good shoe.

Would anyone like to cut my grass?

5 comments:

Christy said...

Coffee is, in fact, brilliant. Last week I made it two days without coffee. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Cynical Dirt Doll said...

I LOVE your idea of utopia... I would also like to see it mandatory for every business have showers so everyone can run/bike/rollerskate/whatever to work.

Looking forward to getting sweaty and muddy at Rock Creek this weekend, I'm jealous of your upcoming Berryman adventure!

Cynical Dirt Doll said...

OOps, I almost forgot! Christy needs your email address to add you to her blog.. email me your address to cynicalsheila (at) gmail

Darin said...

I finally cut my grass for the first time this weekend. Who has time to cut grass when you can get out and run. It's a good thing I live in the country, no snooty neighboors to whine about my yard.
Dandelions anyone?

Anonymous said...

Watching other people work is very relaxing. Watching them having fun in a cool trail race -- very hard! Always makes me want to jump in and run. But I'm glad you'll be out there. Big fun all the way around.